SAS has a long tradition of a developed and fruitful cooperation with a wide range of stakeholders and involvement in community-related issues.
For some time now, SAS has worked to systematize, strengthen and further develop relations with external stakeholders. This contributes to creating the premises for the conditions underlying SAS’ competitiveness and operational framework.
SAS prioritizes close collaboration with customers, authorities, suppliers and airports in order to create prerequisites to develop solutions in order to improve the sustainability performance. SAS also engages in dialog with parties that want knowledge, drive change or support SAS in different ways, i.e. employees, partners, experts, NGOs, organizations, researchers, etc.
Examples of stakeholder groups engaged by SAS
- Employee index PULS (employee survey)
- Performance reviews
- Whistleblower function
- Employee meetings at all levels including meetings related to ISO 14001
- Dialog and close cooperation with labor unions
- Customer surveys
- Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI)
- Image index
- Contract customers are offered carbon dioxide compensation
- Direct dialog in meetings and ongoing contact with several thousand customers
- Social media
Owners, investors and financial analysts
- Regular Board meetings
- Annual General Shareholders’ Meeting
- Regular meetings with investors and analysts
Partnerships and networks
- Star Alliance
- Global Compact Nordic Network
- CSR Sweden
- IATA, ATAG, SAFUG and Sustainable Biofuel Network
- NHO Klimatpanel, Baltic Development Forum etc
- Dialogue with, for example, Bellona, WWF and the Norwegian Society for the Conservation of Nature
- ICAO’s Committee on Aviation Environment Protection (CAEP)
- Association of European Airlines (AEA)
- IATA and ATAG
- Conf. of Swedish Enterprise
- Conf. of Danish Industries
- Conf. of Norwegian Enterprise, etc.
- Close contact with relevant national and international authorities, politicians, airport owners and air traffic control management
- Together with AEA, IATA and Star Alliance, dialog meetings are held with relevant authorities
- Purchasing negotiations with prioritized suppliers based on the SAS’ purchase policy and adherence to the principles of the Global Compact, etc.
- Dialog with energy and fuel suppliers
- Ongoing dialog with manufacturers of aircraft, engines and equipment that are better adapted to the environment and work equipment products, services, chemicals, etc.
- Daily communication and dialog with media
- Articles and opinion pieces
- Social media, for example, facebook.com/SAS or twitter.com/SAS
Schools and universities
- Support of and dialog on essays and doctoral theses
- Presentations and participation in conferences and debates
Airports and air traffic control management
- Partnership and cooperative models established with airport owners and air traffic control management at the most important airports
- Focus on punctuality, efficiency and reduced environmental impact