Skip to main contentSkip to navigationSkip to search
Logotype

Humanitarian support

Christmas Flight
Throughout the last many years, SAS has supported the Norwegian “Christmas flight”. The Christmas flight is an aid campaign operated by SAS employees, who cooperate with other volunteers throughout the year to collect goods and contributions from various cooperating companies and private individuals.SAS provides an aircraft with full operational support, pilots and crew volunteer in their free time and the fuel is sponsored by a fuel supplier.

Preparedness for air ambulance operations
SAS has a commercial agreement with the Swedish government to make two specially equipped Boeing 737s available as air ambulances within the framework of the Swedish National Air Medevac (SNAM) in the event of a national emergency. A similar agreement exists with the Norwegian Armed Forces under which SAS is to make a remodeled ambulance service 737-700 available for medical evacuation within 24 hours, and a second aircraft within 48 hours if necessary.

SAS - U-assist
SAS­-­U-Assist ­is ­a­ non-profit­ initiative ­launched ­by SAS’ employees in 1979. It is run voluntarily by SAS’ employees, and as a section in the internal SAS’ Club it is supported by SAS. The main focus is to help children in developing countries get a better life through various projects in different countries. Approximately 95% of the funds raised by SAS - YOU Assist goes directly to the projects, leaving only 5% used for administration.

We at SAS use cookies to optimize our websites for your needs. By using this website you consent to our cookies policy. If you want to find out more or disable cookies, please click here