SAS Interim report January-June 2001
• Weaker economic growth and demand in key markets are the main reasons for SAS’s weak result in the second quarter.
• Operating revenue rose 12.7% to MSEK 25,948.
• A provision has been made for the entire amount of the MEUR 39.375 fine imposed on SAS by the European Commission.
• Earnings before depreciation and leasing costs for aircraft (EBITDAR) increased by 10.6% to MSEK 2,555 (2,310) in the first half of 2001.
• Income before taxesamounted to MSEK 220 (765). Income for the second quarter was MSEK 180 (1,055).
• Earnings per share for the half year for the SAS AB Group amounted to SEK 0.86 (3.34) and equity per share amounted to SEK 103.20 (96.16).