SAS Group traffic figures September 2006
• SAS Group carried 3,6 million passengers in September 2006, up 2,4% vs 2005.
• SAS Group load factor for September increased 0,3 p.u. to 73,9%.
• SAS Group traffic increased by 5,2% vs 2005.
Group market trends and yield development
SAS Group traffic increased by 5,2% in September and capacity was up 4,9% due to strong growth in Blue1, airBaltic and Spanair. Passenger load factor increased by 0,3 p.u. to 73,9%. Number of passengers increased by 2,4%.
Load factor improvement has slowed down and stabilized on higher levels due to stronger comparable figures. Yield for Scandinavian Airlines in August was up 10%, positively affected by yield management to offset jet fuel prices and focus on dynamic traffic planning. In September yield is expected to be positive vs last year but the increase will be somewhat lower than for August.
The market growth is stable and yield environment has improved, but there are still uncertainties due to the competitive situation and the future development of jet fuel prices. The strategy is to offset the increase through hedging, yield management and cost reductions.
Intercontinental traffic was in line with last year in September. SAS Group European traffic increased by 11,1% and passenger load factor by 1,3 p.u. primarily due to new business models and strong market growth. Blue1 introduced new destinations and traffic increased by 62,3% at improved load factor. Spanair continued to grow and traffic increased by 14,2% and load factor by 3,6 p.u. to 71,2%. airBaltic has strong growth and traffic was up 35,6% and improved load factor by 4,8 p.u.
Scandinavian Airlines Businesses
• Scandinavian Airlines cabin factor was slightly lower than last year and reached 76,5%.
• Traffic on European routes increased in September by 1,5% and load factor was 74,1%, down 0,3 p.u. vs last year.
For further information Please contact VP,Head of SAS Group Investor Relations Sture Stølen
+ 46 8 797 1451 firstname.lastname@example.org Homepage: www.sasgroup.net
· Star Alliance Los Angeles Lounge retains World’s Best Airline Alliance Lounge Award for