Skip to main contentSkip to navigationSkip to search
Logotype

Public Prosecutor discontinues preliminary investigation of SAS

May 22, 2008 15:14

The Public Prosecutor in Stockholm has decided to discontinue the preliminary investigation regarding suspicions of the crime of “creating danger to another person” in conjunction with the SAS accidents involving Dash 8 Q400 aircraft in Aalborg and Vilnius on September 9, 2007 and September 12, 2007, respectively.“It is gratifying and logical that the prosecutor has now established that SAS did not act incorrectly in conjunction with the Q400 accidents,” says Mats Jansson, CEO of SAS.

The prosecutor commenced a preliminary investigation in September 2007 to establish whether SAS exposed its passengers and employees to danger by operating flights using Dash 8 Q400 aircraft. SAS has assisted the prosecutor in all respects in the work of the preliminary investigation so as to ensure clarity in this case.

“Both the Danish Accident Investigation Board and the aircraft manufacturer have previously stated that the cause of the two incidents in question was a design fault that could not have been detected by SAS’s maintenance program as approved by the authorities,” says Mats Jansson.
SAS Group Corporate Communications

For further information, please contact
Bertil Ternert, VP Corporate Communications, SAS Group, +46 8 797 2081

Latest news

We at SAS use cookies to optimize our websites for your needs. By using this website you consent to our cookies policy. If you want to find out more or disable cookies, please click here