The SAS Group Traffic figures January 2013
- SAS Group’s January 2013 traffic figures
- SAS Group carried 1.9 million passengers in January, down 0.2%.
- SAS Group’s capacity (ASK) was up by 4.6% and the Group’s traffic (RPK) increased by 3.9%.
- The SAS Group’s load factor decreased by 0.5 p.u. to 64.5%.
Group market trends, RASK and yield development
The traffic developed as expected during January and intercontinental and certain European routes continued to grow well. However, demand is seasonally low in January and the traffic did not fully mach the increased capacity.
Currency adjusted yield (Scandinavian Airlines) in December was up 1.4% versus previous year and RASK was down 3.5% as expected due to different holiday pattern in December 2012 versus December 2011. For January 2013 the yield and RASK (change vs last year) are expected to be positive.
The response to market campaigns is good and forward booking levels continue to be well above last year’s level. Overall, the market demand continues to be good, but remains unpredictable due to risk in the global economy. This adds uncertainty to the yield and RASK outlook going forward. The capacity increase for the 2012/13 financial year is expected to be approximately 5-6%.
· Star Alliance Los Angeles Lounge retains World’s Best Airline Alliance Lounge Award for