SAS opens ticket sales – Ready for take off to Hong Kong
SAS is the only airline that flies directly from Scandinavia to Hong Kong.
The first non-stop flight between Stockholm and Hong Kong will take off on 10 September. SAS new long haul route will depart five times a week from Stockholm. The route will mainly be flown by SAS brand new Airbus 330 Enhanced that will join the fleet in connection with launching the route.
“We are launching a product that is attractive for our frequent flyers not only in terms of comfort, service onboard, an upgraded cabin with new entertainment system and WiFi, but also a very appealing timetable and ticket prices. With this new direct route to Hong Kong, SAS is continuing to deliver on its vision of making life easier for Scandinavian travelers. We are extremely proud and expectant,” said Eivind Roald, Executive Vice President Commercial, SAS.
This is the fourth SAS direct route between Scandinavia and Asia and it will offer good connections to and from central airports in Europe. SAS is the only airline that flies between Scandinavia and Hong Kong, one of the world’s busiest airports and an important hub for the region. Hong Kong is also the number one airport in the world for freight and SAS therefore anticipates big interest in freight shipments on the new route.
Demand for long haul flights
“We are seeing increased demand for long haul flights between Scandinavia and Asia and USA. Many Scandinavian companies with regional head offices in East Asia are based in Hong Kong and we look forward to welcoming everyone onboard,” added Roald.
The flight time from Stockholm to Hong Kong is estimated at around 10 hours and 20 minutes. The timetable is also designed to enable travelers from Oslo and Copenhagen to make a smart connection to the flight with short transfer times. Tickets go on sale on 29 January with prices starting from SEK 6,550. During the campaign period, prices will start at SEK 4,999.
SAS already has direct flights between Copenhagen and Beijing, Shanghai and Tokyo in Asia.
For more information, please contact:
SAS press duty telephone: +46 8 797 2944
About Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Airport is built on an artificial island with excellent rail connections to and from Hong Kong/Kowloon.
- Swedish, Norwegian and Danish passport holders do not need a visa to enter Hong Kong.
- Hong Kong is the fourth SAS direct route between Asia and Scandinavia.
- Hong Kong is the number one airport in the world for freight and the route is expected to attract big interest for freight.
- Hong Kong has a population of seven million and is close to the Southern China city of Shenzhen with a population of ten million.
- Hong Kong is the most popular destination in Asia and had previously lacked a direct route from Scandinavia.
- From 1992 to 1999, SAS had direct flights between Hong Kong and Copenhagen.
The route will be operated by a 262 seat Airbus 330 Enhanced. However until mid October, the flight will be with either an Airbus 330 Enhanced or an Airbus 340.
Timetable from Stockholm Arlanda Airport
Departure from Arlanda 15:00 on Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, arriving in Hong Kong 7:20 local time. Departure from Hong Kong 9:05 local time on Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, arriving at Arlanda 14:35
Prices for return tickets
- SAS Go campaign price starts from SEK 4,999. SAS Go normal price starts from SEK 6,550.
- SAS Plus campaign price starts from SEK 8,999. SAS Plus normal price starts from SEK 10,800.
- SAS Business normal price starts from SEK 19,400.
· Star Alliance Los Angeles lounge also named North America's Leading Airport Lounge
· Both a...