SAS Interim report January-September 2002
Operating revenue for the first nine-months of 2002 reached MSEK 48,235 (38,623), an increase of 24.9%. For comparable units, operating revenue decreased by 3.0% during the period and by 1.9% in the third quarter.
• Income before depreciation and leasing costs for aircraft (EBITDAR) amounted to MSEK 5,962 (3,290) for the period January-September. EBITDAR for the third quarter was MSEK 2,130 (882).
• Income before capital gains amounted to MSEK –118 (–202) in the first nine months of the year. Income for the third quarter was MSEK 15 (–421).
• Income before tax amounted to MSEK 233 (7), of which Scandinavian Airlines accounted for MSEK –377 (–350).
• Income before tax was affected positively by the acquired companies, Braathens and Spanair, by MSEK 658.
• CFROI for the 12-month period October 2001-September 2002 was 13% (13%). Since the Group’s return requirement is 20%, this result is far from what is required to meet the target.