SAS Group's June 2012 traffic figures
• SAS Group carried 2.6 million passengers in June, up 3.6%.
• SAS Group’s capacity (ASK) increased by 6.3%.
• SAS Group’s traffic (RPK) increased by 5.8%.
• The passenger load factor decreased by 0.4 p.u. to 80.2%.
Group market trends, RASK and yield development
Traffic growth continued to be good on most routes during June. However, volumes and the load factors were negatively affected by a strike in Norway amongst security personnel.
Currency adjusted yield (SAS) in May was down by 2.5% versus previous year but RASK was up 2.6% slightly higher than expectations. For June 2012 both yield and RASK (change vs last year) are expected to be slightly negative.
The response to market campaigns is still good and forward booking levels are well above last year’s level. Overall, the market growth continues to be good, but remains unpredictable due to added capacity in certain markets, risk in the global economy and high jet fuel prices. This adds uncertainty to the yield and RASK outlook going forward. The SAS Group plans to increase the capacity by approximately 5% in 2012 vs 2011 as 38 new routes will be launched throughout the year.
· Star Alliance Los Angeles lounge also named North America's Leading Airport Lounge
· Both a...