SAS launches nine new routes 2015
Wednesday, November 5, ticket sales open for SAS’s summer timetable 2015, which will gradually come into operation from March 29. SAS customers can look forward in the spring to being able to fly direct between Copenhagen and the cities of Edinburgh and Ankara; between Stockholm and the cities of Ankara, Budapest and Faro; between Oslo and Salzburg and between Gothenburg and the cities of Alanya, Dublin and Bergen.
“SAS has been expanding its route network for some time now, with several new destinations and routes, and we are continuing to improve the range of destinations we offer to our customers. We have launched 100 new routes over the last two years, and next year we are adding nine more,” says Executive Vice President at SAS, Eivind Roald.
New routes to major European cities
SAS is opening six new direct routes from Scandinavian airports to major European cities, two of which are completely new routes: for the first time, SAS customers can fly to Salzburg and Ankara with SAS for their summer vacation. Ankara, capital and second-largest city in Turkey, will be the second Turkish destination served by SAS, Gazipasa near Alanya being the first.
“SAS has more destinations and more departures than any other Scandinavian airline. We know that frequent travelers prefer SAS – including when they go on vacation. So we are always offering new, attractive routes and destinations, with a focus next year on Turkey, Hungary and Austria,” says Eivind Roald.
More departures between Scandinavian airports
As well as launching nine new summer routes, including a new inter-Scandinavian route between Bergen and Gothenburg, SAS is adding more frequencies on inter-Scandinavian routes in winter 2014/2015 and will continue to do so into summer 2015. This includes more direct flights between Stavanger and Trondheim and between Bergen and Ålesund. The Copenhagen-Gothenburg route is getting two additional daily departures, bringing the total to eight in the summer timetable. The Stockholm-Gothenburg route is also getting a new morning departure on Mondays in both directions.
Popular holiday destinations re-opened
In addition to the new routes, SAS is also re-opening its popular 2014 holiday destinations in the 2015 summer timetable. So SAS customers can still look forward to flying with SAS to popular destinations such as Chania, Palermo and Pisa.
Timetables for new routes
– Copenhagen-Edinburgh: Departures on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday, with daily departures in the summer peak season. First departure March 29, 2015.
– Copenhagen-Ankara: Departure on Saturday, and on Monday and Wednesday in the summer peak season. First departure April 04, 2015.
– Stockholm-Budapest: Departures on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. No departures in the summer peak season. First departure March 29, 2015.
– Stockholm-Faro: Departure on Saturday, and on Wednesday in the summer peak season. First departure April 04, 2015.
– Stockholm-Ankara: Departure on Tuesday. First departure June 30, 2015.
– Gothenburg-Alanya (Gazipasa): Departure on Wednesday. First departure July 01, 2015.
– Gothenburg-Dublin: Departure on Saturday, and on Wednesday and Sunday in the summer peak season. First departure April 04.
– Oslo-Salzburg: Departure on Saturday. First departure May 23.
– Bergen-Gothenburg: Departures on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. No departures in the summer peak season. First departure March 30.
Timetables for expanded and re-opened routes
Expansion of inter-Scandinavian routes
Copenhagen-Gothenburg: Increased from six to eight daily departures
Oslo-Bergen: Up to 16 daily departures
Stavanger-Trondheim: More direct flights
Bergen-Ålesund: More direct flights
Stockholm-Gothenburg: New morning departure in both directions.
Stockholm-Luleå: Increased from seven to nine departures in both directions on Sunday.
Re-opened peak summer routes
From Copenhagen to Dubrovnik, Split, Pula, Montpellier, Biarritz, Chania, Thessaloniki, Palermo, Napoli, Pisa, Gazipasa and Alicante.
From Billund, the route to Gazipasa in Turkey is re-opening.
From Trondheim to Malaga and Barcelona.
From Bergen to Split, Dubrovnik, Nice, Malaga, Barcelona and Alanya (Gazipasa).
From Stavanger to Split, Nice, Malaga, Barcelona and Alanya (Gazipasa).
From Kristiansand to Split.
From Oslo to Dubrovnik, Pula, Olbia, Pisa, Palermo and Pristina.
From Gothenburg to Pula, Nice, Athens, Pristina, Alicante and Palma de Mallorca.
From Stockholm to Chania, Cagliari, Olbia, Biarritz, Palermo, Pisa, Pristina, Bristol and Bodø.
For further information please contact:
SAS Press Office +46 8 797 29 44