SAS AB (publ) announces notice of the annual general meeting on 17 March 2022
Shareholders in SAS AB (publ) (hereinafter the “Company”) are hereby invited to attend the Annual General Meeting on Thursday 17 March 2022. Due to the corona virus, the Board has decided for the Annual General Meeting to be held without physical presence of shareholders, representatives and third parties, and that shareholders shall have the possibility to exercise their voting rights only through advance voting (postal voting) in accordance with the Act on temporary exceptions to facilitate the execution of general meetings in companies and other associations which is expected to enter into force on 1 March 2022. Information on the resolutions passed at the General Meeting will be made available on 17 March 2022 as soon as the result of the postal voting has been finally confirmed.
To attend the Annual General Meeting and notification
A person who wishes to participate in the Annual General Meeting must be listed as a shareholder in the presentation of the share register prepared by Euroclear Sweden AB concerning the circumstances on 9 March 2022, and must give notice of participation no later than 16 March 2022, by casting its postal vote in accordance with the instructions as specified in the notice. A shareholder whose common shares are registered with Euronext Securities/(VP Securities A/S) in Denmark or with VPS in Norway must request to temporarily register the common shares in the shareholder’s own name with Euroclear Sweden AB to be entitled to participate in the Annual General Meeting. A request for such registration must be submitted in sufficient time and no later than 10 March 2022 3:00 PM. Detailed instructions about notification and rules regarding proxy are detailed in the attached complete notice convening the Annual General Meeting.
Number of shares and votes in the Company
The Company has at the time of publication of this Notice issued 7,266,039,292 common shares, 0 subordinate shares and 0 shares of series C, equivalent to a total of 7,266,039,292 votes. No shares are held by the Company itself.
- Election of a Chairperson for the General Meeting.
- Election of two persons to verify the minutes.
- Preparation and approval of the voting list.
- Approval of the agenda.
- Determination of whether the Meeting has been duly convened.
- Presentation of the annual accounts and auditors’ report as well as the consolidated accounts and consolidated auditors’ report, and the statement of the auditor regarding the application of guidelines for remuneration of senior executives.
- Resolutions on:
a. the approval of the income statement and balance sheet and the consolidated income statement and consolidated balance sheet;
b. the dispositions of the Company’s earnings in accordance with the approved balance sheet; and
c. discharge from liability for the Board members and the CEO.
- Resolutions on:
a. the number of Board members;
b. remuneration for Board members; and
c. remuneration for the Company’s auditor.
- Election of Board members and Chairman of the Board.
a. Carsten Dilling
b. Lars-Johan Jarnheimer
c. Nina Bjornstad
d. Monica Caneman
e. Michael Friisdahl
f. Henriette Hallberg Thygesen
g. Kay Kratky
h. Oscar Stege Unger
Chairman of the Board
i. Carsten Dilling
- Election of auditor.
- Resolution on the Nomination Committee and the Instruction for the Nomination Committee.
- Resolution on approval of the remuneration report.
- Resolution on amendments to the Articles of Association.
- Shareholder proposal from Thorwald Arvidsson on publication of list of so called yellow and blue free passes (Sw. gula och blå frikort).
- Shareholder proposal from Thorwald Arvidsson on special examination (Sw. särskild granskning).
For further information, please contact:
SAS press office: +46 8 797 29 44
Louise Bergström, VP Investor Relations: +46 70 997 04 93
SAS, Scandinavia’s leading airline, with main hubs in Copenhagen, Oslo and Stockholm, is flying to destinations in Europe, USA and Asia. Spurred by a Scandinavian heritage and sustainable values, SAS aims to be the global leader in sustainable aviation. We will reduce total carbon emissions by 25 percent by 2025, by using more sustainable aviation fuel and our modern fleet with fuel-efficient aircraft. In addition to flight operations, SAS offers ground handling services, technical maintenance and air cargo services. SAS is a founder member of the Star Alliance™, and together with its partner airlines offers a wide network worldwide. Learn more at https://www.sasgroup.net