SAS AB (publ) announces notice of the Annual General Meeting on 16 March 2023
Shareholders in SAS AB (publ) (the “Company”) are hereby invited to attend the Annual General Meeting on Thursday 16 March 2023. The Annual General Meeting will be held at 2:00 p.m. at the Company’s Head Office, Frösundaviks allé 1, Solna, Sweden. The meeting venue will open at 1:00 p.m. for registration. Registration of participants at the meeting ends when the meeting is called to order.
The Board has decided that the shareholders shall also be able to exercise their voting rights at the Annual General Meeting by postal voting in accordance with the Company’s Articles of Association.
Notice of participation and instructions for postal voting
Shareholders of common shares registered in Sweden who wish to attend the meeting venue in person or by proxy must be listed as a shareholder in the presentation of the share register prepared by Euroclear Sweden AB concerning the circumstances on Wednesday 8 March 2023, and must give notice of participation to the Company no later than Friday 10 March 2023.
Shareholders of common shares registered in Sweden who wish to participate in the Annual General Meeting by postal voting must be listed as a shareholder in the presentation of the share register prepared by Euroclear Sweden AB concerning the circumstances on Wednesday 8 March 2023, and must give notice of participation no later than Friday 10 March 2023 by submitting their postal vote in accordance with the instructions included in the notice to the Annual General Meeting so that the postal voting form is received by Computershare AB no later than that day.
Special dates and instructions apply for shareholders whose shares are registered in the name of a nominee.
Shareholders of common shares registered in Denmark who wish to participate in the Annual General Meeting must submit a voting rights registration request to Euronext Securities Copenhagen no later than Thursday 9 March 2023 at 3:00 p.m., and shareholders of common shares registered in Norway who wish to participate in the Annual General Meeting must submit a voting rights registration request to Nordea Norway no later than Monday 27 February 2023 at 3:00 p.m.
Detailed instructions about notification, postal voting and rules regarding proxy and accompanying assistants to shareholders are included in the attached complete notice convening the Annual General Meeting.
Admission cards, to be presented when entering the Annual General Meeting venue, will be sent out by email around 14 March 2023 to all shareholders who have given notice of participation in accordance with the instructions and provided their e-mail address. Admissions cards will not be sent to shareholders who have submitted postal votes, unless the shareholder has expressed that it intends on attending the meeting venue.
Number of shares and votes in the Company
The Company has at the time of publication of this notice issued 7,266,039,292 common shares, 0 subordinate shares and 0 shares of series C, equivalent to a total of 7,266,039,292 votes. No shares are held by the Company itself.
- Meeting is called to order.
- Election of a Chairperson for the General Meeting.
- Preparation and approval of the voting list.
- Approval of the agenda.
- Election of two persons to verify the minutes.
- Determination of whether the meeting has been duly convened.
- Presentation of the annual accounts and auditors’ report as well as the consolidated accounts and consolidated auditors’ report, and the statement of the auditor regarding the application of guidelines for remuneration of senior executives.
- Report on the work of the Board, the Remuneration Committee and the Audit Committee, followed by the CEO’s address and in conjunction with this, the opportunity for shareholders to put questions to the Board and Group Management.
- Resolutions on:
- the approval of the income statement and balance sheet and the consolidated income statement and consolidated balance sheet;
- the dispositions of the Company’s earnings in accordance with the approved balance sheet; and
- discharge from liability for the Board members and the CEO.
- Resolutions on:
- the number of Board members;
- remuneration for the Board; and
- remuneration for the Company’s auditor.
- Election of Board members and Chairman of the Board.
- Election of auditor.
- Resolution on the Nomination Committee and the Instruction for the Nomination Committee.
- Presentation of the Board’s remuneration report for approval.
- Shareholder proposal from Thorwald Tilman (former Arvidsson) on special examination (Sw. särskild granskning) according to items a-f.
- Meeting is adjourned.
For further information, please contact:
SAS Press office, +46 8 797 29 44
Investor Relations, +46 70 997 7070
SAS, Scandinavia’s leading airline, with main hubs in Copenhagen, Oslo and Stockholm, is flying to destinations in Europe, USA and Asia. Spurred by a Scandinavian heritage and sustainable values, SAS aims to be the global leader in sustainable aviation. We will reduce total carbon emissions by 25 percent by 2025, by using more sustainable aviation fuel and our modern fleet with fuel-efficient aircraft. In addition to flight operations, SAS offers ground handling services, technical maintenance and air cargo services. SAS is a founding member of the Star Alliance™, and together with its partner airlines offers a wide network worldwide. Learn more athttps://www.sasgroup.net