Rickard Gustafson new President and CEO of SAS
The Board of Directors of SAS AB has appointed Rickard Gustafson as the new President and CEO of SAS. Rickard Gustafson is 46 years old and currently the CEO of Codan/Trygg-Hansa.“Rickard Gustafson is an experienced leader, with extensive international experience, who has demonstrated that he can generate good results. As the current CEO of Codan/Trygg-Hansa, he has Nordic responsibility, and also has broad experience of strategy development, marketing and process optimization from both Codan/Trygg-Hansa and GE Capital. The entire Board agrees that Rickard Gustafson is the right person to take on the challenges in SAS, and to continue the implementation of the Core SAS strategy and ensure profitable growth,” says Fritz Schur, Chairman of the Board of SAS.
Rickard Gustafson is from the insurance and financial sectors and joins SAS from a position as CEO of the insurance company Codan/Trygg Hansa. He is a Graduate Engineer, with a focus on industrial economy, from the Institute of Technology at Linköping University. He is married and has two children.
“SAS is a special and unique Scandinavian company. A great deal has been accomplished in recent years to create a platform for the future. I look forward to developing the company further, together with all employees at SAS,” says Rickard Gustafson.
The current President and CEO, Mats Jansson, will leave his position on October 1, 2010. Rickard Gustafson will assume his position at SAS not later than March 2011. Until then, the Deputy CEO, John Dueholm, will be acting President and CEO.
SAS discloses this information pursuant to the Swedish Securities Market Act and/or the Swedish Financial Instruments Trading Act. The information was provided for publication on September 16, 2010 at 8:00 a.m CET.
SAS Group HR & Communication
Rickard Gustafson, previous experience
· President and CEO, Codan/Trygg-Hansa, Copenhagen/Stockholm, from 2006
· President of GE Capital European Equipment Finance Nordic and European Marketing Director, GE Capital, Stockholm, 2001-2006
· President of e-Business Europe, GE Capital Corp, London, 2000-2001
· Vice President Strategic Planning, GE Capital Global Consumer Finance, Stamford, Connecticut, 1999-2000
· COO for Scandinavia and General Manager GE, Capital Bank Sweden, GE Capital Bank, Stockholm 1996-1999
· Consultant and Experienced Manager, Andersen Consulting, Stockholm 1989-1996
Please visit http://sas.bildhotellet.se/fotoweb/ (http://sas.bildhotellet.se/fotoweb/) for high resolution images.For further information, please contact
Elisabeth Manzi, Director Media & Public Relations, +46 70 997 48 93 or
SAS Group’s Press Service: Tel: +46 8 797 29 44