SAS traffic figures - November 2018
• SAS scheduled traffic compared to the same month last year:
- Number of passengers increased by 1.8% to 2.3 million.
- Capacity (ASK) and traffic (RPK) increased by 0.1% and 0.8%, respectively.
- Passenger load factor increased by 0.4 p.p. to 69.0%.
• Nominal yield and PASK increased by 5.0% and 5.7%, respectively.
• Currency adjusted yield decreased by 0.1% and PASK increased by 0.5%.
Market and Capacity Development
• Capacity growth is expected to continue during winter 2018/19, and we expect an overall growth of 4-5% during Q1.
• SAS plans to increase capacity by 2-3% in fiscal year 2019, primarily due to more seats in the Airbus A320neo.
SAS – Scheduled Traffic Development
• Intercontinental traffic increased 2.6%, while capacity was down 1.8%. The increase was mainly on Asian routes.
• European/Intrascandinavian traffic declined 1.5% and capacity increased 0.2%. Traffic increased on Intrascandinavian routes but decreased on European routes.
• Domestic traffic increased 2.6% on the back of a 3.8% increase in capacity, resulting in a lower passenger load factor. The pattern was similar in Norway and Sweden.
SAS – In Other News
- SAS redeemed all remaining preference shares at 30 November 2018
- 23 Airbus A320neo in operation as of 6 December 2018
- High-speed WiFi now installed on 42 aircraft