SAS sHareholder program
As of October 11, 2023, it is no longer possible to qualify for the SAS shareholder program by acquiring shares in SAS AB. After February 28, 2024, it is no longer possible to register for the SAS shareholder program.
On October 3, 2023, SAS announced that SAS AB, the listed parent company for the SAS group, is likely to file for a company reorganization in Sweden in 2024. As a result of that process, all common shares in SAS AB are expected to be cancelled and delisted from Nasdaq Stockholm, Nasdaq Copenhagen and Oslo Børs. Consequently, and in line with the notice published on this page on October 3, 2023, the terms and conditions of the SAS shareholder program and its benefits, have been revised as of October 11, 2023.
SAS would like to highlight the following information for you as a shareholder and participant in the shareholder program:
- There are no changes to the benefits currently in place, as part of the on-going program period. This means that shareholders who were eligible for benefits on November 30, 2022, will keep their benefits until the current program period expires on March 31, 2024.
- The annual control date for the next program period is changed from November 30, 2023 to October 11, 2023. This change means that in order to be eligible for benefits in the next program period, running from April 1, 2024 to March 31, 2025, the average amount of shares held on a monthly basis between November 30, 2022 and October 11, 2023, must amount to the number of shares required for the respective benefit categories below.
The shareholder program will be discontinued following the next program period, which means that as of October 11, 2023, it is no longer possible to qualify for the SAS shareholder program by acquiring shares in SAS AB.
In order to register for the SAS shareholder program you need to be a private shareholder, holding your shares in either a custody or ISK account.
You also need to:
- Own a minimum of 4000 shares, privately, in your own name
- Be part of SAS’ EuroBonus program
- Be a permanent resident in either Denmark, Norway or Sweden
- Be registered in the SAS shareholder program by February 28, 2024, at the latest.
Depending on how many shares you own, there are different benefit categories:
4,000 shares or more: You will receive the SAS Friends & Family campaigns (sent out 2-3 times a year) with discounted prices on selected domestic and international tickets.
100 000 – 999 999 shares: You can receive EuroBonus Gold status. Read more about the benefits of being a EuroBonus Gold member
1 million shares or more: You will receive EuroBonus Diamond status. Read more about the benefits of being a EuroBonus Diamond member
Please note! EuroBonus Gold and EuroBonus Diamond status, awarded in the Shareholder program, are not qualifying for Life Time Gold; and will also not permit give away silver and gold membership cards that normally is a benefit, if membership has been granted through point collection or number of qualifying flights. A maximum of 2500 EuroBonus Gold status will be awarded in the next program period, and it will be based on the size of your holding.
Dates and times to consider
The next shareholder program period runs from April 1, 2024 to March 31, 2025. In order to qualify for benefits during that program period, you must have bought the shares prior the annual control date October 11, 2023, and the average amount of shares held on a monthly basis from November 30, 2022 to October 11, 2023, must amount to the number of shares required for the respective benefit categories above.
The deadline for registration for the SAS Shareholder program was February 28, 2024.
You can read more about the terms for SAS Shareholder program here.
You can log in to the InvestorPortal, via our partner, VP Shareholder Services here.
NOTE: The older version of the SAS Shareholder program has expired, but it is possible to register in the new version of the SAS Shareholder program instead.