SAS takes one step further on the way towards a sustainable journey. From mid-December, travelers in SAS Business Class will be able to enjoy a new SAS Comfort Kit with products from selected Scandinavian brands. Innovative design, solid craftsmanship and respect from both a social and environmental aspect were the selection criteria.
SAS EuroBonus introduces two new features, the option to collect and share EuroBonus points with families & friends and Lifetime Gold membership to reward the most dedicated members.
• SAS scheduled traffic compared to the same month last year: - Number of passengers increased by 1.8% to 2.3 million. - Capacity (ASK) and traffic (RPK) increased by 0.1% and 0.8%, respectively. - Passenger load factor increased by 0.4 p.p. to 69.0%. • Nominal yield and PASK increased by 5.0% and 5.7%, respectively. • Currency adjusted yield decreased by 0.1% and PASK increased by 0.5%.
August 2018 – October 2018 Revenue: MSEK 12,678 (11,644) Earnings before tax and nonrecurring items: MSEK 842 (1,054) EBT: MSEK 809 (657) Net income for the period: MSEK 640 (490) Earnings per...
SAS AB (“SAS”) has as previously announced carried out a compulsory redemption of all preference shares. The redemption of preference shares has resulted in a change in the number of shares and votes in SAS as follows:
SAS AB resolves on an upcoming compulsory redemption of all preference shares for total redemption proceeds of approximately SEK 1.1 billion
The Board of Directors of SAS AB (publ) has resolved on the compulsory redemption of all 2,101,552 preference shares outstanding, for approximately SEK 1.1 billion of total redemption proceeds to the holders of the preference shares.
As part of SAS’ sustainability work, the airline’s award-winning ‘New Nordic by SAS’ inflight menu, serving locally produced and seasonally available ingredients, will be expanded from 9 November 2018 to include a vegan dish for a two-week trial period.
• SAS scheduled traffic compared to the same month last year: - Number of passengers increased by 1.4% to 2.6 million. - Capacity (ASK) and traffic (RPK) declined by 0.6% and 1.0%, respectively. - Passenger load factor declined by 0.3 p.p. to 74.6%. • Nominal yield and PASK increased by 6.6% and 6.2%, respectively. • Currency adjusted yield and PASK increased by 1.3% and 0.9%, respectively.
SAS plans to release interim- and annual reports during financial year 1 November 2018 to 31 October 2019 as follows: Interim Report Aug-Oct 2018 ...
Today, a group of Nordic-based CEOs announced a joint initiative to speed up the realisation of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Representatives from the group presented their shared ambitions to Norwegian Prime Minister Erna Solberg during the 70th Nordic Council session in Oslo.
SAS EuroBonus members can now use their EuroBonus points to book award trips online to all destinations offered by any of the 28 Star Alliance member airlines.
The new SAS We Are Travelers campaign “The Arrivals” launching on October 30th, 2018 captures the evasive moment of arrival. “The Arrivals” campaign imagery and film are created by award winning photographer Peter Funch and Danish filmmaker Jeppe Rønde.
To make it easier for travelers to choose the right ticket SAS will rename its ticket types as of 13 November. Both the price and the content of the ticket types will stay the same.
The ‘New Nordic by SAS’ food concept, prepared with the focus on seasonal and locally produced high quality raw ingredients from small producers, has been named among the best initiative in the travel industry in the Monocle Magazine Travel Top 50, 2018/2019 survey.
At Copenhagen airport passengers traveling with SAS can now enjoy both upgraded lounges with innovative technology features, and new service products. The new products will make time spent in the airport more efficient and pleasant.
SAS launches SAS Youth Go Light, connecting Nordic countries and the US from 31 October 2018. In addition, even lower prices are currently available on all classes of youth tickets. SAS Youth Tickets are always CO2-compensated.
For over 30 years, Condé Nast Traveler magazine has asked readers to share their recent travel experiences in the world’s destinations, hotels and airlines in their Readers’ Choice Awards. This year, SAS Scandinavian Airlines has been named amongst the list of top 20 airlines worldwide.
SAS now gives SAS Go travelers the chance to upgrade their dining experience by pre-ordering premium menus on long haul flights. Aiming to further enhance the personalisation of the airlines’ on-board experience, the initiative is also in line with the development of the next generation of traveling and a part of SAS’s environmental and sustainability work.
SAS is continuing to strengthen its offer by opening 17 new direct routes from Scandinavia in summer 2019 and 6 totally new destinations – Catania, Florence, Marseille, Cornwall Newquay, Szczecin and Antalya. Tickets go on sale 9 October.
• Total number of passengers increased by 3.3% to 2.9 million. • Compared to the same month last year: - Total scheduled capacity (ASK) and traffic (RPK) increased by 2.4% and 4.8%, respectively. - Scheduled passenger load factor increased by 1.8 p.p. to 78.0%. - Nominal yield and PASK changed by +4.9% and +7.3%, respectively. - Currency adjusted yield and PASK changed by -2.6% and -0.4%, respectively.
SAS achieves four out of a possible five stars in global customer ranking. Overall flight experience, seat comfort, cabin service and entertainment are some of the categories that were rated by travelers using the TripIt app. The award is presented by non-profit membership trade organization APEX, the Airline Passenger Experience Association.
From today, SAS will offer all EuroBonus members the opportunity to make advance bookings via Live Nation in the Nordics. Thanks to exclusive advance tickets, that are released before general on sale, members gain a fast track to their favourite artists and other exclusive events.
By extending the pre-order concept to more travelers on short haul flights from October 2018, SAS now takes new steps to reduce food waste and to personalize the on board experience. Furthermore, the initiative is in line with the vision of the next generation of traveling.
The Government of Denmark and the Government of Greenland have on the 10thof September 2018 come to a political agreement in which it is mentioned that the Government of Greenland will look into...
• Total number of passengers increased by 4.3% to 2.8 million. • Compared to August last year: - Total traffic (RPK) and capacity (ASK) increased by 5% and 5.2%, respectively. - Passenger load factor decreased by 0.1 p.p. to 79.8%. - Nominal yield and PASK increased by 4% and 5%, respectively. - Currency adjusted yield and PASK changed by -1% and 0%, respectively.
At the Annual Shareholders' Meeting in SAS AB on 10 April 2018, members for the SAS AB Nomination Committee were appointed. Information about the Nomination Committee's composition was published...
May 2018 – July 2018. Revenue: MSEK 13,146 (12,210). Earnings before tax and nonrecurring items: MSEK 1,978 (1,863). EBT: MSEK 2,004 (1,973)
Starting with the 2019 summer program, SAS will offer departures every day to Boston from Copenhagen. From four departures a week, SAS will fly daily.
• Scheduled number of passengers increased by 2.2% to 2.6 million, a record for the month of July. • Compared to last year: - Scheduled traffic (RPK) and capacity (ASK) increased by 1.9% and 3.0%, respectively. - Passenger load factor decreased by 0.9 p.p. to 85.6%. - Nominal yield and PASK increased by 7% and 6%, respectively. - Currency adjusted yield and PASK increased by 2% and 1%, respectively.
Star Alliance has claimed the Best Airline Alliance title at the Skytrax World Airline Awards for the third year running, with the Alliance’s prestigious Los Angeles Lounge retaining the Best Airline Alliance Lounge Award for the fourth year in a row.
Romance, pasta, art and architecture – Italy has it all. From beautiful island beaches to metropolitan cities, discover the depth of history of this European country. Visit these Italian cities easily from Scandinavia with Scandinavian Airlines. Here are nine cities that will inspire you to fulfil your Italian cravings. Book your next memory at flysas.com (http://www.flysas.com/).
• Scheduled number of passengers increased by 2.6% to a record high of 2.7 million in June. • Compared to last year: - Scheduled traffic (RPK) and capacity (ASK) increased by 2.8% and 1.5%, respectively. - Passenger load factor increased by 1 p.p. to 81.8%. - Nominal yield and PASK increased by 5% and 6%, respectively. - Currency adjusted yield and PASK increased by 2% and 3%, respectively.
Looking for “hidden” holiday spots? Here are eight unique, alternative places where you won’t meet your neighbour
Famous cities, beaches and sights all over the world attract tourists and sun seeking travelers. The list of hot spots is never-ending, but for those who look a little deeper, there are still places that few travelers think of, or find their way to. We have made a list of “hidden” places which all have something in common: they are only a few hours away from Scandinavia by plane and they all offer a break from the buzzing tourist hotspots. Choose one of these instead, and opt for a relaxing, authentic location, where locals choose to enjoy their holiday time.
SAS has announced that in a new initiative that commenced on 1 April 2018, it will compensate CO2 emissions generated by customers flying on its Youth Ticket. With Youth Tickets available to travelers aged between 12 and 26, this initiative forms part of SAS’s environmental and sustainability work.
Star Alliance customers travelling from Rome can look forward to a new premium lounge experience at Fiumicino Airport. The new Star Alliance Lounge will welcome eligible First and Business Class passengers and Star Alliance Gold Card holders as of June 29th onwards.
In October, SAS will open a new route from Copenhagen to Hong Kong. This means that the route that currently flies from Stockholm, Arlanda, to Hong Kong, will be moved to Copenhagen, Kastrup, starting from the 2018 winter program.
SAS is looking forward to treating travelers this summer continuing two exciting collaborations delivering exclusive new inflight drinks. A SAS exclusive deal with Charles Heidsieck will serve up a new vintage Champagne, while a continued collaboration with Mikkeller delivers a summery non-alcoholic beer from the Danish brewery.
SAS has partnered with AbsolutArt.com to create a showcase of works at the Newark Liberty International Airport SAS Lounge. In total, more than 30 pieces will be displayed throughout the lounge from May 7 – October 31, 2018.
• Scheduled number of passengers increased by 3.8% to 2.7 million in May. • Scheduled traffic (RPK) increased 1.6% and the capacity (ASK) increased 1.5%. • The load factor increased to 74.1%, up 0.1 p.p. versus last year. • Compared to last year, the preliminary currency adjusted yield and PASK were unchanged, while the nominal yield and PASK increased 4%.
Jeffrey Goh, CEO Star Alliance spoke at the 74th IATA (International Air Transport Association) Annual General Meeting in Sydney to brief on the latest developments at the Alliance.
SAS AB (publ) has successfully completed a MSEK 750 tap issue, thereby increasing the size of its existing senior unsecured bond which matures on 24 November 2022 to MSEK 2,250. The tap issue was...
FEBRUARY 2018 – APRIL 2018 Revenue: MSEK 9,916 (9,843) Earnings before tax and nonrecurring items: MSEK -320 (-259) EBT: MSEK -499 (-208) Net negative currency effects: MSEK 145 Net income for the...
In November 2017, SAS AB issued an unsecured bond of SEK 1.5 bn, maturing on 24 November 2022. The bond was well over-subscribed. To further improve the financial flexibility for aircraft...
Passengers on SAS short and medium haul routes will now have access to a stable, fast and strong WiFi signal, enabling them to stream and work inflight problem-free.
As SAS announced on Wednesday 9 May 2018, the payment of preference share dividends has been delayed and has been paid today 15 May 2018 instead of 9 May 2018. Pursuant to the resolution by SAS...
• Scheduled number of passengers increased by 5.6% to 2.5 million in April. • Scheduled traffic (RPK) decreased 2.2% while the capacity (ASK) increased 1.9%. • The load factor decreased by 3.0 p.u. versus last year to 72.7%. • The preliminary currency adjusted yield increased 5% and the PASK increased 1% in April 2018 vs. last year. The nominal yield increased 7% and the nominal PASK increased 2% in April 2018 vs. last year.
Due to an administrative error by SAS discovered today, the payment of preference share dividends in May will be made later than earlier communicated. Payment of dividends to holders of preference...
The new SAS winter program features new routes and more frequent departures for all of Scandinavia, domestic, intra-Scandinavian, European and intercontinental.
On 1 June 2018, SAS is launching “SAS For Business”, a new program designed to make it easier for small and medium sized enterprises (SME) to book tickets and get a discount immediately at the time of purchase.
SAS has today published SAS Fact Book relating to the fiscal year 2016/2017. The Fact Book is only available in English via SAS website, www.sasgroup.net under Investor Relations/Financial reports....
SAS has signed an order for one additional Airbus A330-300E with delivery during the spring of 2019. The aircraft will replace one Airbus A340.
The April 10, 2018 AGM resolved to adopt the proposal by the Nomination Committee to re-elect Dag Mejdell, Monica Caneman, Carsten Dilling, Lars-Johan Jarnheimer and Sanna Suvanto-Harsaae as Board...
Today, SAS has decided to order 50 Airbus A320neo aircraft with delivery from spring 2019 through 2023. This order means SAS for the first time will have a single-type fleet by 2023 that consists of the market’s most efficient short- and medium-haul aircraft in terms of cost and environment.
• Scheduled traffic (RPK) increased 4.5% while the capacity (ASK) decreased 0.3%. • The load factor increased by 3.4 p.u. versus last year to 73.1%. • Scheduled number of passengers amounted to 2.4 million in March. • The preliminary currency adjusted yield decreased 3% while the PASK increased 2% in March 2018 vs. last year. The nominal yield decreased 3% and the PASK increased 2% in March 2018 vs. last year.
SAS customers can now bid on an upgrade to SAS Plus or SAS Business, including on flights booked using EuroBonus points.
SAS is pleased to see the airline being top among airline companies in the Nordic region in Google's recent survey (https://www.thinkwithgoogle.com/intl/en-154/insights-inspiration/thought-leadership/mastering-mobile-at-emea-performance-summit/), where they reviewed the usability and speed of hundreds of the most visited mobile sites.
• Scheduled traffic (RPK) decreased 2.1% and the capacity (ASK) was up 0.1%. • The load factor decreased by 1.5 p.u. versus last year to 66.4%. • Scheduled number of passengers amounted to 2.0 million in February. • The preliminary currency adjusted yield was unchanged while the PASK decreased 3% in February 2018 vs. last year. The nominal yield decreased 2% and the PASK decreased 4% in February 2018 vs. last year.
Shareholders in SAS AB (publ) (Company) are hereby invited to attend the Annual General Meeting on 10 April 2018. The Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held at 10 a.m. at SAS head office,...
SAS AB (“SAS”) has as previously announced carried out a partial compulsory redemption of preference shares. The redemption of preference shares has resulted in a change in the number of shares and votes in SAS as follows:
NOVEMBER 2017–JANUARY 2018 Earnings before tax and nonrecurring items: MSEK -373 (-707) EBT: MSEK -273 (-697) Revenue: MSEK 8,978 (8,957) EBIT margin: -1.9% (-6.4%) Net income for the period: MSEK...
STAR ALLIANCE CREATES DIGITAL SERVICES PLATFORM WITH ACCENTURE TO DELIVER AN IMPROVED EXPERIENCE ACROSS ITS MEMBER AIRLINE NETWORK
Lufthansa and United first two carriers using platform to enhance customer experience
• Scheduled traffic (RPK) decreased 7.1% and the capacity (ASK) was up 0.3%. • The load factor decreased by 5.1 p.u. versus last year to 63.9%. • Scheduled number of passengers amounted to 1.8 million in January. • The preliminary currency adjusted yield increased 6% while the PASK decreased 2% in January 2018 vs. last year. The nominal yield increased 4% and the PASK decreased 3% in January 2018 vs. last year.
Globetrotting with just two stopovers now possible
At a Board meeting of SAS AB, the November 2016-October 2017 annual report for the SAS Group and its parent company SAS AB was presented and approved. The annual report is now available on the...
SAS has in conjunction with previous interim reports and on 30 October 2017 informed that the Annual General Shareholders’ Meeting (AGM) in 2018 is planned to take place on 5 March 2018. The...
SAS AB resolves on an upcoming compulsory redemption of not more than 4.9 million preference shares for total redemption proceeds of about MSEK 2,580
The Board of Directors of SAS AB (publ) has resolved on a partial compulsory redemption of not more than 4,900,000 preference shares, corresponding to 7 out of 10 outstanding preference shares, for total redemption proceeds of not more than approximately MSEK 2,580, with effect from 9 February 2018.
Fritz Schur is stepping down as Chairman and as a member of the Board of SAS from the 2018 Annual General Meeting
SAS AB (“SAS”) hereby wishes to inform that Fritz Schur notified the Nomination Committee that he is not available for re-election as Chairman or as a member of the Board from SAS AB’s 2018 AGM.
• Scheduled traffic (RPK) decreased 3.8% and the capacity (ASK) was up 1%. • The load factor decreased by 3.8 p.u. versus last year to 68.8%. • Scheduled number of passengers amounted to 1.9 million in December. • The preliminary currency adjusted yield increased 5% and the PASK was flat in December 2017 vs. last year. The nominal yield increased 2% and the PASK decreased 3% in December 2017 vs. last year.